Welcome

Hello there, and welcome to Magda Row....

Vintage Farm Fresh Breakfast Bridal Shower



I posted a sneak peek yesterday of this fun party we threw for Maddox's Kindergarten assistant from last year, Miss Sarah.



She's getting married in early 2013 and I had a really great time pulling this together with help from the other Kindergarten moms who made or brought food to the table.

This bridal shower had a different twist to it because all of the Kindergarten class was invited to celebrate Sarah!

That was a bit of a challenge to make the whole thing 6 year old friendly AND still feel like a sweet grown up party.

So....who doesn't like breakfast?! : )

I'm a girl who grew up in the country so all things vintage country or farm style are dear to me because they feel so natural and normal. It is truly not a "style" to me but things that I have always loved and/or seen since childhood.

Here enters the Vintage Farm Fresh Breakfast theme. I knew that Sarah's style was a different type of vintage, but I was pretty sure that she would like it.

I hardly had to buy anything extra because I had most of the decor already in my party planning/house decorating/food serving stash. That is always a bonus.

I also luckily have an old massively long wood table for children and chairs in our sunroom, so seating for the kids made it pretty simple. (I also keep a plethora of vinyl tablecloths on hand for these kid occasions. Usually $3 at Walmart in the summertime.)

She's so tiny she blends in at the kids' table. ;)
All of the kids did great and they were amazingly excited to see her after 6 weeks of being out of school.


Here are a lot of photos of the food we served and the decor I used on the serving tables! Thanks to my friend, Sandra, for sharing all of these iPhone pics she got because if she hadn't there would be NO pictures of this party. And that would be a sad thing. : / 

The quiches that were supposed to be made the night before couldn't be made due to power outages, so we were able to grab some quiche from Publix and they were YUM!


I always prefer to use real dishes, real glasses, and real silverware. Even with children! Less waste and cheaper in the long run. 


Butter, syrup, and sugar - served the old fashioned way. 




Fresh eggs purchased from a friend's daughter who raises chickens and sells their eggs as her job.





Maddox was happy to see his friends and Sarah and also glad that it was a grownup party that included his type of food. ; )




Our sweet set of juice glasses for the kids. I searched for a set of these for about a year before I found them locally. I think I paid $1 each. SCORE!


Milk bar with milk containers bought at World Market and milk bottles purchased from Shop Sweet Lulu. The little cow creamer was just for decor and was something I used for Magdalen's 2 year Vintage Cowgirl birthday party. I'm hanging onto that thing!


Soda box purchased at World Market (no! I couldn't find an authentic one in time, but this one served it's purpose).


I use mason jars for almost every party, unless it's formal. The mason jar drink dispenser seemed to fit the theme so I used that. (Purchased at Word Market also. I love that place!)


My vintage cart (purchased locally for a steal a couple of months ago), melamine dishes from Walmart and 2 STRAWBERRY PIES made by our dear baker friend, Sandra. Everything she makes tastes like heaven!


Mini peach preserves in a jar was the party favor I found and it was perfect for a breakfast/brunch party! The vintage rustic toolbox was something I already had that held them perfectly!


The food was scrumptious, the kids were well-behaved, the guest of honor felt loved, and there were lots of smiles all around.

Thanks to the ladies who helped me so much in the kitchen making the pancakes and all of the other last minute details that needed to be finished. Also, the cleanup! They were like little magicians in my kitchen because they had a lot of it cleaned up by the time I was done watching Sarah open her gifts. : )

Great friends equals a happy heart and I hope to show you some past parties on here that I have had the most fun scheming on and actually putting together and enjoying with dear friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment